Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I do it myself. Or why I need to get up 30 minutes earlier these days



Ah, 2. What an age.
The vocabulary skills are blossoming. The fine motor skills are improving. The independence is rearing is ugly lovely head. And yet the full mastery isn't quite there yet. But the knowledge to TRY is.

Practically every other sentence I hear from G these days is, "I do it myself". Okay kiddo. Go for it. And about 95% of the time he gets it. The other 5% when there is a portion of the task that he's still just too little to get done himself? Armagedon! Holy terror attack batman! The wailing, the screaming, the extra 30 minutes just to TRY until I finally hear a "You hep mama".

You can't tell a 2 year old I told you so.

They don't remember what you told them anyway.

I had to start getting up earlier in the mornings to make up for the extra time it takes to get G to walk to the car, climb up into the car, climb up into the carseat. And that doesn't even take into consideration that it's getting into coat season and he wants to put that on by himself now too.

I love it though.
Every extra minute of sleep I have to lose to see him gain and grow and learn.
Each time I make a comment about what a little person he is, he gets bigger and becomes more of a little person. He's my baby, but boy is he a little boy.

1 comments:

Binance Customer Support said...

Are you handling error while logging in to Binance account? You can efficiently fix all the errors that prevent your track by taking support from the experienced professionals who have persistent and available solutions at fingertips and always greet user’s query irrespective of time. To speak to the dial Binance Support phone Number and avail quality and result-driven solutions from the team in the limited feasible time

 

The Dragon Knits Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon, Karjat Resorts