Thursday, July 21, 2005

Pictures as promised

*Warning! Picture intense posting!*

The baby sweater I made for my sister:





This was our weekend fun last weekend with Bronwyn and Ian. This is a trick taught to us one morning while sitting on the porch with some very dear friends after a night of imbibement. Flying June Bugs. First, you catch a June Bug, and let me tell you they are quite abundant around these parts. In fact only after I moved to NC have I seen beetles this large! They're light Japanese beetles times 10. They don't bite, and I don't think they actually eat as destructively as the JBs. Anyway, catch a few, and with thread tie the end to a back leg, right up against the body. It's kind of oookie, but just wait for the fun you'll have! Then you just let 'em go! They'll fly around in circles in their "kite" string and many laughs will be had as you duck and try not to let them land on you. (Yes, it's hard to see the bugs)






Tying the bug up, a primer in pictures (click for biggie goodness):





This is Inca in the vetch field behind my parents house.


Here's an shot of the field. In the winter it's great for sledding. But the walk up is long and hard...we usually joke about putting in a little mini ski lift to pull us back up after the ride down.




This is Obi out on the dock at the Cabana Boy's parents house. Obi is terrified of water, but he's even more distressed to be seperated from his daddy. Nate swam out to the dock and I took the paddle boat out and Obi paced the shore for awhile. Then he just said fuck it, and jumped in and swam out. Getting him to swim back was interesting.






Here is our sexy new van, a 2005 Honda Odessey EX-L. Her name is Moya and she is wonderful! Great ride, some sweet comfort, and plenty of space. We'll be taking her down to Atlanta GA for DragonCon in September.






And the pictures you've all been waiting for!
First, the unopened "blue" box. So very very sparkly! Or Glittr-y as the case may be.



And the contents! Note the blue theme throughout? All the yarn is just spectacular, and I can't wait to knit it up...once I decide on what it's going to be!


The funny thing about that scarf is, in the card Suzanne calls it "something that feels like a cat". I made my husband feel it and his first response.....yupper, "feels like a cat"! Love it! I can't wait until it cools down so I can wear it.



So I hope you all enjoyed all the pictures. I suppose I'm kind of like picture camel. I save up all my pictures for one big release. I guess that's more like a reverse camel....

Amy, I did see on your blog where you were Suzanne's SP! At first I thought, "wow, what a coincidence that she's sending her packages to a Suzanne!" I also saw her packages on her blog. I'm so glad you spoiled her as much as she spoiled me! She really does deserve it!

8 comments:

amylovie on 4:17 AM said...

Yep, I'm her SP. It has been a lot of fun trying to figure out the perfect package. I've also enjoyed getting to know her.

Your sweater turned out great, and your puppies are precious.

Amy

Jennifer on 7:44 AM said...

Lovely sweaters, awesome car, cutie puppies, and what an awesome SP! The Pics were great!

Joeli on 9:43 AM said...

The sweater is really cute!

And I love the Flying June Bug story. Now that's some good ol' fashion fun!!

Ooh, and what a great SP you have!!

Anonymous said...

Great to see the pics up on your blog! I can't wait to see what you knit with all the different blue and pink yarns.... you certainly got a variety of UK stuff..... lol and some I picked up when shopping with Egeria in Dublin earlier in the year...... The last final package will be on its way very soon - smaller than this one I think, buht as I haven't finished it yet - you never know ....... tee hee

Helen on 8:13 AM said...

oh, i love all the pictures! all the knitting is great...especially that sweater.

also, i have tagged you for a meme on my blog! hehehe

Anonymous said...

Hi there - just wanted to say thanks for the lovely gift you sent to me - it arrived when I was in London and I just opened it last night. Lovely yarn! Lovely soap! Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://oukaejxx.com/zbwm/zrhj.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://cmlkxwbe.com/edib/ooxx.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://oukaejxx.com/zbwm/zrhj.html | http://mjxmwpzv.com/jngd/zaiv.html

 

The Dragon Knits Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon, Karjat Resorts