Tuesday, July 05, 2005

When the car is the only thing you can complain about, you know you're golden

Really. I have to say that after all the complaining about losing a great and wonderful car, I'm just happy I'm not complaining about losing a great and wonderful partner.

And we get to go car shopping now! We got the replacement numbers from the other guys insurance company, so now we just have to sit down and crunch the numbers. But we're really leaning towards the Honda Oddessy. Yes, it's a mini-van. We do after all have two very large dogs. And hopefully some day some we'll have kids too. So rather than take our settlement and spend it on a crappy car to just "get us by" we figured we might as well buy a good, dependable, safe (side curtain airbag safe) vehicle now. We'll probably be making a few sacrafices for it, but it's not like we've never done that before. We'll get by.

I have to say I was pretty anti-mini. I have never desired to be the soccer mom type. First the test driving started to turn my opinion. They really are spacious! And comfy. Almost decadent really! Then we paid a few extra bucks a day to get a mini-van for our rental, then drove 9 hours to PA for family reunions. I have to say, it was the best trip we've had. The dogs has plenty of space. With all the seats down we could move around to get stuff we needed from our luggage (oh, luggage = rubbermaid bin. Yes, we travel in style) and if a nap was needed we just crawled back with the pups and snoozed in comfort (well, it's not soft-bed-comfort, but it's better then wehavetoomuchcraptoevenreclinethedameseats uncomfort!)

I have finished project pictures galore on my camara, but I just haven't gotten around to getting them off. My sister (who I got so see in all her baby belly glory! Hi P! It's a BABY!) got the sweater I made for her baby and by the pictures, I think she liked it. I hope she did! And the bear too. I have a picture of those to put up. I got the felted bag bug again, and knit up a bag with a little turtle intarsia bit. Kinda mixed and matched patterns, and came up with a cute little tote, that I still need to put the handle into and maybe line. But it's done and cute. I'm on my second repeat of the decreases on the clapotis, and it's looking lovely. I did 15 drops instead of 12 during the lengthening section, but only 5 of the 6 increases, so it'll be a bit thinner but longer. I couldn't resist showing it to my mom, even though it wasn't done. I just had to show her the beautiful alpaca yarn. I think she liked it! *grin*

Oh, if anyone out there reading drives a Honda Odessey let me know how you like it! Or a Toyota Seinna...that's our #2 choice.

7 comments:

Jennifer on 5:27 PM said...

I've heard good things about both of those minis. We dream of a mini; the kids are taking over our CR-V. Let us know what you pick.

Helen on 10:20 PM said...

can't help you much...we had a Dodge Grand Caravan in '92, kept it til 2002. Bought another one. had a MAJOR accident (2004) and man, hit a guy, hit from behind by garbage truck and two other vehicles and ended in a tree...when i went back to see the van, i was amazed at how beat up it was..and i tell ya, our injuries were totally minor compared to the look of this mess...man. unbelievable. so i hope your choices are as safe as ours! we are now on our third Grand Caravan

Anonymous said...

piercearrow1935@msn.com. I'm a single guy (65years old) who just bought a Chevrolet Upland Van, and counld not be happier. Looked at the Honda (way too expensive, dealer was very firm on the price) and the Toyota Sienna, and the Dodge. Chevy was the cheapest, fuel economy is over double my 2002 S-10, and it has rear air for Riley (my Lab.mix companion.) I'm getting over 26 mpg. average (at 75 mph.) Very nice, and with the sale they have going on right now, you might check it out.

Anonymous said...

car insurance fort worth <= Auto Insurance deals and more...

Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://cncyglvg.com/uckq/dqfa.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://vlmifbez.com/fwxf/fuzz.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://cncyglvg.com/uckq/dqfa.html | http://wfdojvog.com/neej/pweu.html

 

The Dragon Knits Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon, Karjat Resorts