Friday, January 28, 2005

Do I really look like I know what I'm doing?!

Wouldn't you know it, I went home last night, took many many pictures of my yarns and WIPs, but when I went to the computer to upload the pics to my photo album, the dial up crapped out. And now our entire website is down! It's a conspiracy I tell you! If it's all better tonight I'll surely add some pictures, but who knows!


Now, I take a class three days a week. I make a semi-point to leave a few minutes earlier then really necessary, because then I can sit and knit before the class starts. I take my clapotis with me, and it's coming along, a little at a time. Well today, while I sat there knitting away, one of the girls in the class approached me. She said she had noticed me knitting, and wondered if I could answer a question for her. She was a new knitter, and while working on her scarf noticed it got tighter, pulled in a bit. So, I guess I really do look like a knitter who knows the ins and outs, else she wouldn't have asked me right!? But I don't think of myself as that knowledgeable, or atleast not enough to explain stuff to other people. I offerred my educated guess, gauge issues, and even offered to take a look at it if she wanted to bring it to class. I also told her about the wealth of information on the internet for learning how to knit, and about the local SnB group.

But I'm still just astonished that someone would think I could offer help when it comes to knitting! Oh, my little girl, she is growing up!

2 comments:

Lisa P on 10:15 AM said...

Yay! A new blog! The bag looks great by the way...

Lesha on 2:32 PM said...

Ooooo Yay!
My first comment!

Thanks for the compliment UP!

 

The Dragon Knits Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon, Karjat Resorts