Thursday, June 23, 2005

You put $1200 into a great car that runs near perfect but just happens to be about 12 years old, and what do you think happens? It gets totalled.

It's a good thing that's the only thing we can complain about though.

I was at home. I had just got in from de-flowering the garden and was in the process of emptying the dishwasher and ran outside to have a smoke. And the phone rang. It was the cabana boy, who asked if I wanted to good news or the bad news. The good news was he was walking, the bad news, the Subaru was totalled. Some kid pulled across two lanes of stopped traffic into the third lane where Nate was moving at about 35mph.

I had to drive 30 minutes. Some things about living in BFE really do suck. I knew he was okay and talking, but that's all I knew. I had my mom on the phone with me (on speaker phone, I wasn't taking any sort of chance) to keep me calm while I drove there.

Nate's okay really. A lot beat up, some bruised knees and sore muscles. Thank Subaru for making a good safe car.

It just sucks a lot to have our wonderful safe car is now totalled, and it's going to be a hard task to find another just like it for what pittence I'm sure they'll end up giving us for it. Oh, but we'll be making sure they know that in the past month we put over $1200 into our baby.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh No!!

- Mercutio

amylovie on 5:00 AM said...

I'm so glad to hear CB is OK. What an aweful scare for both of you. Give him a lot of TLC this weekend.

Amy

Anonymous said...

Hey, check your USAA policy. You may have replacement vs. actual value.

- Mercutio

Jennifer on 6:45 AM said...

That's horrible! That stinks about the car, but at least your DH is ok. Can always replace the car (even if it's going to be very difficult to do so). Not the same thing with the loved one.

Unknown on 9:18 AM said...

At least Nate is ok! That really sucks you sank so much money into a car that got totalled soon after.

monkeemaven-fruitcakeknits on 11:23 AM said...

Whoa - glad he's okay! What a tragedy about your happymobile, though. :(
(And "deflowering the garden"? I'm not saying anything, but....)

Helen on 1:26 PM said...

ohh, poor cabana boy. but yes, thank goodness for safe cars! three of us walked away from a really bad crash in our dodge grand caravan. four impacts, but no SERIOUS injuries. yay! keep him home safe for a bit :)

Lisa P on 4:38 PM said...

Oh goodness! I'm so glad he's alright. Call me if you need anything or a ride to work at all.

Lesha on 7:35 AM said...

Thanks for all the well wishes!
We took pictures Friday, but I haven't gotten around to putting them up yet. It was sad to see our poor car in such a state.

On the bright side, it was fun to go car shopping over the weekend!

Anonymous said...

I am very pleased to hear that all turned out OK for Nate.....

D on 8:12 PM said...

Glad to hear Mr. Drake is well :)

 

The Dragon Knits Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon, Karjat Resorts