Monday, June 06, 2005

Hummingbirds are back, a Jayne hat, the Dragon Lair is where it's AT!

Wow, was that bad or what! I had that title stuck in my head since yesterday afternoon, I just had to use it! It came to my while enjoying a Yeungling on our wonderful porch, watching the hummingbirds beat on each other. Hummingbirds really are vicious creatures! We have three feeders, and they still fight each other for food.

So yes, yesterday the hummingbirds were really back. I saw atleast 2 red throated males, and a female. Those buggers don't usually stay in one place long enough for pictures, but one likes to hang out on the windchime, so here's a couple not so good pics.

I had my feeders out for probably 3 weeks, and they just started coming yesterday. Could be because after 3 weeks I finally changed the food. I'm sure it doesn't take much fermented sugar water to get a hummingbird drunk!

I'm also so very close to having 3 projects finished. The bear has a face, I just need to better attach his arms. Here he is before face

The baby sweater is all seamed (and I have to say I did a kick ass job on the seams!) and just needs the buttons.

And I started the Jayne hat for my cabana boy Friday, and am so almost done with it! I would have finished it Saturday evening but I kept drinking the Yuengling, and I didn't want to mess it up, so I put it away for the night.


I did some gardening too, my other summer love.
Look away if you're squeamish, I'm going to show the big wolf spider that hung out with me while I weeded.

Okay, bug all gone now. Here's what I was weeding.




So, in Crazy Aunt Purl style I have my very own crazy neighbor story. Let me first start by saying, me and the Cabana boy are easily the most normal people in our little country neighborhood. Just a run down:
First there's the husband and wife who both hit on me on the same night while the cabana boy and I were being nice neighbors and hanging out with them.
There is the extremely large (large=obese) man who deems it his business to be in everyone elses.
The two men who feed stray cats and therefore have over 100 feral cats hanging around their house and the neighborhood.
There is the very nice couple who we've hung out with on several occasions who seem sweet, but are extremely bigotted and prejudiced.
There is the couple who are stoned pretty much 24/7.
There is the crazy lady, who used to have a husky that ran loose all over the neighborhood, and now has several cats. She has moved from renting one house to renting a ginormous house right next to us.
And then there is couple with literally a pack of dogs (where one dog killed another, so they replaced the dead dog so the pack would still be large enough) and the woman should probably be in the loony bin, and the dogs run everywhere. Oh, and they put up an invisible fense, but the dogs never have the collars on, so of course it didn't work.

So the story involves Crazy Lady, the pack of dogs and their family, and fat man. And two cop cars. The story goes that the pack of dogs mauled Crazy Ladies cat, so Crazy Lady called the cops (we live in the middle of nowhere, there is no animal control). The pack of dogs family was informed they needed to contain their dogs. So they went out and put up a shitty green metal fence, whilst shouting obsentities at the Crazy Lady. Crazy Lady came over to tell us about this yesterday afternoon too. The dog family was finishing the fence up yesterday too, and apparently the loony wife started yelling at Crazy Lady again, so Crazy Lady called the cops. The cops came out, and then the fat man appeared. You know, cause it's exciting and he needs to be in everyone's business. Two cop cars. With blinking lights and everything. I can see how the fat man was drawn there. I was almost drawn there! I stood on a turtle pen wall and watched a bit.

Finally the cops left. Then they came back. And Crazy Lady called us to ask if she could (drive over her yard and) use our driveway to leave because she didn't want to drive by them. Then the cops left again. Then Crazy Lady came home. By this time we were relaxing again on the porch. And then Crazy Lady called again. This time the Loony wife was apparently sitting on their porch staring at her through binoculars. And the story ends there. For now. Wow, what a bunch of wackos. The cabana boy and I are just going to laugh our asses off at it all and try to stay the hell out of it.



And I'll leave you all with this picture. A huge mamma cooter laying eggs on the side of the road right down from our house.

"Don't do it mamma! This whole neighborhood is bonkers!"
*yes, the color is very purple. It's from my phone camera. bleh*

Thanks to everyone on the compliments on the Xback. Rachel, it is a tattoo, a butterfly. My first one too. I love anything that shows it off!

SPAzuredrake said...Loving the x back! Looks great with flip flops - you still haven't a link to my blog..... ;) And that bear is toooooo cute...... SP, I have to say I spent almost an entire day going through the blogs on the knittyheads blogring trying to figure out who you might be! I was quite unsuccessful though.

I'll leave you with one more picture, again. Inca lounging, as she so loves to do.

4 comments:

amylovie on 6:06 PM said...

LOL! That story is hilarious. What a bunch of loonies!!

Your nearly FO's look awesome. You have been quite the busy beaver.

Thanks for the heads-up on the hummingbirds. I need to put mine out ASAP.

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://raanvefg.com/qpiv/iknc.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://fdcuzeqz.com/quho/rgdj.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://raanvefg.com/qpiv/iknc.html | http://eyvoiuzd.com/lcne/jize.html

 

The Dragon Knits Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon, Karjat Resorts