Monday, June 13, 2005

Sooooo many good things!

I should mention this is going to have a LOT of pictures. So if you don't have high speed dial up (WHICH WE DO! but I'll get to that in a bit) be patient.

First we'll start with Saturday. If you've read Lisa's blog you already know that we took Heather, who is new to the NC area, on Yarn Store-palooza. We had a great time, and made a really great new friend. The highlight of the entire trip was definately finding Shuttles, Needles, and Hooks in Cary.










Yes, that is a stove. The store is in an old house, and with all the nooks and crannies to stuff yarn in, it was like a treasure hunt!




Lisa and Heather checking out the amazing (really really amazing!) stash.
I can't wait to go back again.

Then today. Well today started kinda crappy. I had to meet with my boss for my yearly eval. Not too good. And I knew it wouldn't be. I won't go into why or how. But finding a new job will definately bring some fire back into my gut. And I let my boss know this, and that I was looking. He gave me his full support, and let me know not to worry that I'd be replaced before I found some other place to go. A good and bad meeting all in one.

When I came home things definately brightened up. My lovely lovely cabana boy had finished some garden work to make our beans very happy. He also put up a new bird house so we can lure more blue bird families to our back yard. We already have one that's returned from last summer, so it will be fabulous to have more. Oh, and the returning family has already hatched out one nest of babies, and there's another waiting in the box now too. He cooked up some lovely dinners for the week too. Some amazing soup in the crock pot! Want the recipe? Just ask! But I warn, it's a long long list. Oh, and he suprised me by opening up my blog and willy nilly clicking links...and guess what?! They all opened in a FLASH! Yes! Our DSL modem came today, and the Cabana boy had it all hooked and set up. So I bring you my Dragon blog from high speed heaven! But that wasn't all! As you may have seen, I love my hummingbirds. We have three feeders. Well, we had three. Now we have SIX! Yes, six feeders for the mean beasties to fight over. We had a nice sit on the porch watching the drama while downing a few beers.

And not to top the boy, but last and not least was my next package from my Secret Pal! It was shimmery and shiney and sparkly, perfectly fit for a blue dragon like myself!














Lovely smelly lush message bar, sparkley yarn, kidsilk,

a wonderful Debbie Bliss pattern book

, wonderful smelling candles that say Knit Goddess on them

(SP, did you put that on yourself?!) and NORO SILK GARDEN!

Yes, you can all become green with envy now. My SP is the best. Yes, I rolled around on the floor professing my love for my SP wilst rubbing Noro on my cheeks. Yes, my cabana boy professed his confusion.

I have a few more pictures, but the Cabana boy is threatening to eat my dinner if I don't finished up with this blog thing and go spend time with him. Oh, and speaking of Cabana boys, SP.....

6 comments:

amylovie on 5:54 PM said...

Yea for High Speed!!! I can't believe I had dial-up for so long. It's totally worth the moola.

Wow. I mean WOW. Your SP is spoiling you rotten.

Jennifer on 7:11 AM said...

You've got a great SP! Marveling at the haul.

That lys and fiber shop looks fab!

Anonymous said...

Gor-gee-US! Life is better with a great cabana boy and a great SP, isn't it?

ellyjobell on 2:39 PM said...

I was at Shuttles Needles and Hooks just today. It's great, but I wish they'd price their skeins.

That's some awesome SP stuff.

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased you liked everything! I do hope the massage bar doesn't disagree with your skin, cos they are lovely! And no I bought the Knit Goddess candles...... Too busy knitting!

Anonymous said...

Now I can convert you to City of Heroes!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHA.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/hannas_kiwi/

 

The Dragon Knits Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon, Karjat Resorts