Monday, December 11, 2006

Imma knitting fiend!

Okay, lace. I gave up on it. I'm such a quitter. Maybe I'll finish it some time this month and give it away as a gift. But I was realistic. After not touching it Monday or Tuesday I knew I'd never finish it in time for Friday night. Ah well.

I did find a lovely baby blanket pattern though! And I've been knitting away at that. I just keep rubbing it on my cheek, it's so soft. I'm using some inexpensive acrylic yarn I picked up with a gift card and I think it's just perfect. I knew I'd find the perfect pattern if I just kept looking. And how's this for knitting karma: My boss had started a baby sweater long ago, and when she found out I was a knitter (and teaching a few people in the office to knit) she asked if I could take a look at the sweater as she had made a mistake and didn't know how to fix it. When she finally brough it in, she couldn't even remember what the mistake was. With the help of another office knitter the mistake was found, and I fixed it for her, found her place in the pattern and invited her to sit with our knitting group so she could finish the sweater. Of course the pattern for the sweater also had a pattern for a baby blanket. THE baby blanket! So I got a copy of it and off I went this weekend.

My husband has confiscated the laptop for work (it is his work laptop anyway) so I have to wait until he's done before I post pictures, but I will get some pics up of my projects soon.

And thank you all for the warm welcome back! It's good to be missed, and be assured I definately missed all ya'll too!

3 comments:

amylovie on 6:21 AM said...

My baby brother and his wife are expecting in July. My mother and I have been frantically searching for layette patterns too. We found the winner in my grandmother's old patterns. The pattern is older than me!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Your good deed was very appropriately rewarded! Looking forward to seeing pics.

Lisa P on 1:37 PM said...

Oh good, I'm glad you found a pattern since I keep forgetting to bring in that Afghan book I was gonna loan you... :P

 

The Dragon Knits Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon, Karjat Resorts