Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Ahhhh....good days

First, I promise I took many pictures this weekend of my new yarn. Saturday I also bought some roving, in preparation of my drop spindle arriving, and I took piccies of that too. Some of the yarn pics turned into my wonderful brand-spanking-new banner up there at the top *points up* see? Nice huh? I made it all by myself, with only a few annoying questions to my computer guru husband. And I also made a new button *points to the right* See? You can take it if you like. Link to me! It would make me very happy! And yes, that is my clapotis! Thank you for noticing, even though it is quite small. I'll post the original full sized foto soon, and you'll see it's a really lovely pic. I used this wonderful old rocking chair as a prop, and well, I have to say it looks rather artistic! Something I'm usually not!

On Saturday I also went to the SnB at Tyler's in Carrboro. Much fun with Lisa and Bronwyn! Lisa remembered her camera, and she took some pics you can see on her lovely blog. Bronwyn and I then went to Yarn's Etc, where I picked up the roving. Then off to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, Feista Grill! Bronwyn and I brought take out home to the hubbies and we feasted! Some more knitting, and then we made Bronwyn and Ian watch The Forgotten. One of the best suspense/horror movies I've seen in a long time. It made me scream 4 or 5 times, and I even screamed the second time around too. It's just that good!

Sunday was Birthday Feast Day. Breakfast was eggs benedict. Then while I played on the computer making my banners, I snacked on crackers with cream cheese and caviar (black lumpfish) and goat cheese. Sooooo spoiled. Then for dinner it was sirloin steak (wrapped in bacon), scallops (wrapped in bacon), asperagus, and roasted garlic mashed red potatoes. Oh so yummy! I picked out all the foods I adore.

Yesterday was a super great day! First I won two balls of Paton's Cha-Cha in purple from Rothane on the Knitty boards. Yea! I was dancing in my office! And then yesterday my drop spindle came! And the lovely purple roving! I was dancing some more. The spindle and roving are from Annie Mays Ebay store and I highly recommend her. Like I said the roving was beautiful, and she included some samples of other rovings she offers. The alpaca made me want to drool. I couldn't stop rubbing it on my cheeks (does that make me odd?).

And to top if off I got a RAOK from greymalk, again from the Knitty boards. I'll take pictures tonight, but I got a lot of great stickers! Plus FUNDIP! I love FunDip! Willy Wonka Rocks! And two lonely size 10 dpns, that survived a dog chew! I'm so lucky. And I have to say I've never met any other group of people, beside Harley owners, who feel so much like family even when you've never met them in person.

0 comments:

 

The Dragon Knits Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon, Karjat Resorts