Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Live to knit....

A while back I said to my husband (and to several others since then) that being a knitter is very much like being a Harley owner. When you own a Harley (and we did for about 3 years) you are part of a great big family. Sure there are the ones that look down on you for having a bike that's "smaller" than theirs, or that you couldn't buy the most expensive brand of exhaust pipes, but overall they are a bunch who will bend over backwards for their own little (huge?) family.

I see the same bond since I've become a knitter and gotten more involved in knitting communities, online and in real life. From the Knitty board, there is Random Act of Kindness thread. I've sent out a few of my own, with more on the way. And it's so much fun to know that you get to make someone smile, even if it's just with a bit of left over yarn or some small thing like that. But then I was RAoKed myself! The first one I mentioned a few days back, from Greymalk. And just yesterday I got two more packages. I was floored at what I found in them. Both contained wool for me to spin. One was a corriedale wool that was practically straight from the sheep! It was died with walnut hulls and just absolutely beautiful. I couldn't stop touching it! It made me feel giddy and just so happy! Then I opened the second package! Another good bit of wool and a drop spindle! Oh yah, and chocolates! Mmmmmmm. Just absolutely amazing! The corriedale wool was from CMTigger, and the wool and spindle from Kathy. And if they read my blog by chance, Thank you both again so very very much!

But it's an amazing cycle, because I feel so good recieving, I want to pass a long that feeling, so I've been looking through the lists to see what else I can send along for someone else.

Now, I'm sure there are very few Harley owners who will just give away an extra fatbob tank or double seat they have laying around. Maybe the knitter family is even better than being part of the Harley family!

Live to Knit...Knit to Live!
Knit on man!


*Lisa, muahahaha, you have stumbled onto my evil plan to force you to purchase more yarn then you need, start more projects than you can count, and have to learn to knit with your feet to keep up!*

1 comments:

Lisa P on 1:29 PM said...

Knit with my feet ay? *ponderponder*

LOL!

 

The Dragon Knits Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon, Karjat Resorts