Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Hip Hip Hooooray! It's Secret Pal 4

You may notice the lovely new button to your left. Yes folks the Knitty boards SP4 is slated to begin May 8. I can't wait!

And just for shits and giggles, here's my SP4 questionnaire in all it's glory!

KNITTING & FIBERS:
1. What is your current skill level (beginner/adv. beginner/intermediate etc.): I think I'm leaning more toward intermediate, with maybe a toe still in adv. beginner.
2. What are your favorite fiber colors? Greens, blues, and purples, and natural colors
3. Are there any fiber colors you absolutely do NOT like? If so which? I haven't come across anything I haven't liked so far!
4. What are your favorite fibers? I love Alpaca, and silk mixes.
5. Do you have any unwelcome fibers (stuff you just don't need more of or like?) I'll knit with anything, but I do have enough stash of synthetics stored up, so I don’t really need any more. You only need so much acrylic.
6. What is your Dream Yarn? A natural locally spun Alpaca. Or wool even. I love the idea of locally spun yarns.
7. How do you feel about novelty fibers (both the yarns and the items made with them)? They're fun I think. I have some that I plan to use, but haven't had the chance to do much with it yet.
8. What is the next thing you want to learn (techniques etc.) on the needles? I'd like to try cables, and I plan to do my first pair of regular sized socks (as opposed to fuzzy feet sized).
9. What item(s) do you knit the most? Unfinished sweaters. :)

WANTS & NOTS:
10. Allergies: Do you have any food, fiber, smoke, pet allergies your SP should be aware of? Nope, none at all.
11. Do you have an Amazon.com or knitpicks.com wishlist you'd like to share with your SP? If so please add the URL: My Amazon Wish list

12. What is on your Cool Stuff Wishlist (knitting or not): Current knitting magazines, yummy teas (green and oolang), nifty needle holders, small bags for holding stitch markers and other notions when I’m on the go with my knitting, cute patterns for baby gifts
13. What about stuff you don't need at all? There is absolutely nothing I don’t need!
14. Do you have hobbies other than knitting (tv, sports, collectibles, fave things)? I garden, I have a huge veggie garden every year and several flower beds.
I like wild flowers and anything that attracts hummingbirds. I have a small collection of turtle pins that I put on my lab coat at work.
15. Books you would like (knitting or not): Anything interesting on CD (or mp3). I don't read because I'd rather be knitting. Instead I listen to books on CD as mp3s on my player while I knit. I love Tom Robbins, but I'm open to any interesting fiction books.
16. For those of you who live outside the US, is there anything you'd like that you can't get your hands on?
17. In the event your SP lives outside the US, is there a particular yarn,
etc. you can't find in the US? Anything unique to a region or locally made. Even in the US, I love locally spun yarns.

FAVORITES: Who/What is your favorite...
Chocolate: Godiva, anything with toffee.
Muppet: Rigel (from Farscape)
Flower: Sunflower
Ice Cream flavor: Rainbow
Fragrance: Clean, rain, fresh mulch
Shoes to wear: flip flops
Type of garden: Vegetable
Animal: Alpaca, Horse, Dog
Beverage: Tea, German Rauchbeir

RORSCHACH ETC:
19. If you were candy would you be sweet, sour, or cinnamon? sour
20. If you were a fruit which would you be? strawberry
21. Are you a Java Junkie? Sort of. I love flavored coffee, but can’t handle caffeine.
I've also recently become a tea junkie!
22. Your birthday, in case it falls during the swap and your SP wants to send
you a card: Feb 10
23. Do you have a personal mantra? You need to put down the knitting and [clean/cook/study].
24. How do you really feel about socks? I'd prefer not to wear them if I can avoid them in the summer, and I love warm socks in the winter.
25. What is your shoe size? 7.5
26. What kind of music (and/or which artists) do you listen to when you are
happy? 80s hair bands and rock ballads, current girly songs, like Avril Levine (see #27)
27. Rate yourself on a girly/fruh fruh factor from 1 - 10: I'd say a 3, but I'm actively trying to get myself to atleast a 6!
28. What languages do you speak (besides English)? None. I took Spanish in high school, but only remember a little bit and I've tried to learn German, and even have the CDs at home, but never got past disc 1.
29. If you could have any "super power" which would it be? To be super fast and to squeak every time I move.
30. You're given $10,000 for traveling. Where do you go and why? First I'd go to Germany, anywhere small town in Germany. I love the food and the beer, and the towns are so beautiful and unstressed. Then I'd go to Venice Italy, again, because it was beautiful and relaxing. And I didn't ride a Gondola the last time I was there, and I regret it.

Well, hope you enjoyed this compact little bio of me! I can't wait to get my secret Pal. I've got my money all squirrelled away to buy lots of fun stuff!

8 comments:

amylovie on 4:52 AM said...

Hi Alesia,

I love you questionnaire. I think I'll post mine too. I guess I hit it right on the money with the Godiva's.

Have a great day!

Amy

Lesha on 7:13 AM said...

I'm telling you! Ever since I was a little girl, and my mom got some as a gift, I drool when I walk past the Godiva store at the mall!

Anonymous said...

Hi Azuredrake, your blog is informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on simple wood working projects, I ended up on your page. Your Hip Hip Hooooray! It's Secret Pal 4 shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future read, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this
site about simple wood working projects.

Anonymous said...

Hi Azuredrake, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on beginner wood working projects I ended up on your page. As your Hip Hip Hooooray! It's Secret Pal 4 is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. If you wouldn't mind, I would like to post your link on my "favorites" page. Should you ever need
information about beginner wood working projects, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

Hi Azuredrake, I liked your blog. Just out blog surfing looking for info on shaker furniture wood working plans when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I found it. I would like to post your link on my "favorites" page for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about shaker furniture wood working plans at the site above.

Anonymous said...

Hi Azuredrake, your blog is creative. Wow! As I was out blog surfing for detailed info on shaker furniture wood working plans I found you rpage. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I did. If you would not mind, I would like to post your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need
it, there's lots of information on this site about shaker furniture wood working plans.

Anonymous said...

Hi Azuredrake, your blog is informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on beginner wood working projects, I ended up on your page. Your Hip Hip Hooooray! It's Secret Pal 4 shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future read, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this
site about beginner wood working projects.

Anonymous said...

Hi Azuredrake, your blog is informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on carpentry wood working, I ended up on your page. Your Hip Hip Hooooray! It's Secret Pal 4 shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future read, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this
site about carpentry wood working.

 

The Dragon Knits Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon, Karjat Resorts