Monday, March 21, 2005

'Tis the season!

Yes, the time of dirty fingernails has arrived!
I dug my first bit of weed out of my herb bed yesterday. It felt wonderful to have my hands in soil again. It's nice to see my perinnial herbs coming back, it'll be great to cook with fresh rosemary, parsley, tyme and oregano, amoung others. Next weekend we'll borrow a neighbors tiller, and get the raised bed ready for veggies. I'm excited for another summer of growing. Last year we learned the art of canning, and this year I think we'll perfect it!

Unfortunately yarn and dirt don't mix well, so when the time rolls around for gardening and yard work, my knitting tends to fall to the bottom of the list. It hasn't happened quite yet, as I'm working on a summer top, which will keep me knitting for a bit longer. As part of the Honeymoon Cami KAL, I cast on my stitches along with the rest of the group. I'm up to row 7 of the border. The yarn is knitting up nicely I think, although I know my gauge is .5 stitch per inch off. I'll keep checking the sizing as I go and make adjustments if I need to. Oddly enough I had a dream last night that I finished the Cami, and it was the size of an XL t-shirt...kinda looked like one too really...in my dream. Very odd. Anyway, the pattern has you knitting together yarn overs you create the round prior. Boy, if you YO tightly that can be a real bitch! Gotta remember for the next batch to YO nice and loose.

Another sign of spring around this dragon's lair is the activity of the turtles outside. Currently we have over 30. But with the prospect of moving back to PA some time in the future, we're decreasing that number. We'll have a smaller number to focus on, which will be nice. When our turtle numbers grow to such a large amount, it gets to be more of a job then a hobby to take care of them.

The ones were selling are listed here:
Spotted Breeding pair
XL breeding Eastern pair
Sub-adult pair Wood turtles

They're really wonderful turtles for hard core turtle enthusiasts. Just incase anyone who reads this knows of any hard core turtle enthuiasts.

1 comments:

amylovie on 4:27 AM said...

Good Morning Alesia,

I have a herb garden too. I keep mine in pots on our patio. My thyme didn't come back, but my mint, sage, rosemary, chives, and parsley did.

I'm mailing your package today!

Amy

 

The Dragon Knits Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon, Karjat Resorts