Friday, May 20, 2005

Foot in mouth syndrome

Okay, so this happened last week actually, but I was telling the story to Lisa at lunch today, and she about fell off her chair laughing, and I promised her I'd put it up on my blog so the rest of the world (what bit that reads my blog atleast) can have the joy of laughing so hard it hurts.

Now, mind you, both incidents happened on the same day, infact within a 10 minute span.

So, I'm walking over to the hospital from my office. I take the scenic route, crossing the street and up the little hill, under the sky bridge from the parking deck. As I cross the street a man with his little son in a wheel chair are on the corner. They ask me where the dental school was. I pointed up on the hill, the building at the end of the sky bridge. Now, as Lisa would say, work with me here...the building really is at the top of a hill. There is one set of steps, the sky bridge (from the parking deck), and the turn about for cars to access it. Father asks me how they get up to it. My response? First damn thing out of my mouth?


"Well, you can't use the stairs".

Yes folks, that's exactly what I said to the man with his son in a wheel chair.
I did point out the turn about access too, so I'm not a complete imbecile.

On my way, into the hospital, and back to the elevators. Again, work with me. The elevators in the hospital are brutal! They take no prisoners when closing, and sticking your hand in to stop the doors is like taking your life into your own hands. Okay, so I get on the elevator, and then hold the door for the elderly woman maneuvering her elderly husband in the wheelchair onto the elevator. Elderly woman says to her husband "are you in dear". I give them the affirmative, ask what floor they are going to, then say, "You gotta watch out for those [elevator] doors, they'll take your leg off!" all cheery and joking like. Elderly wife says, "Oo, that's bad, since he's already lost one leg."

In my freaking defense, the man had pants on. He must have had a prothesis or something, I swear I didn't even notice!

So, yah. My mouth and brain are usually a wee bit disconnected.
There ya go.

3 comments:

amylovie on 1:59 PM said...

Ha ha! Oh my! That made my day.

Have a good one,
Amy

Helen on 2:07 PM said...

awwwww


teehee!

Jennifer on 6:45 AM said...

Hee hee!! We all have those moments. :)

 

The Dragon Knits Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon, Karjat Resorts