Thursday, May 05, 2005

Look at me! I'm Vested!

Doesn't that sound like someone just gave me a whole lot of vests? O I hope they're knit vests! Lovely knitted vests.

Nope, it just means I've been working here at the university, for the state, for 5 years. Yesterday. Exactly 5 years on May 4. 5 years plus 1 day today.

*sigh*

So I'm vested. I think that means I get all my retirement money, or something like that. I know it means I now get 11+ hours of vacation per month. Woot. If I had been accepted to stupid nursing school I'd be leaving this joint in like 5 more days. Stupid nursing school.

And I haven't been knitting at all this week. Any free time I have (execpt the free time I steel at work for web surfing and blog posting) is spent studying for my Nutrition final on Monday.

Monday I take my final, Tuesday I take this apptitude test for a nursing school. I need to review my geometry before that, cause I don't remember squat. And if freaking highschool dropouts show me up, I'm going to cry. This is my last chance for nursing school this year. If I don't get in, it's on to a 2006 acceptance rally.

Saturday a few NC members of the knitty board are getting together at Weaver Street to rummage through a Yarn exchange box. I'm rather excited. I bought a few skeins of random yarn at Yarn's etc, and I'm thinking about trading them in for matching skeins to do Clapotis for my mother. Or another Honeymoon Cami for myself. I'll have to see what I can find.

1 comments:

amylovie on 11:43 AM said...

Being vested is great. Now you can leave without your retirement being screwed.

I'll be sending you good thoughts during your exam.

Amy

 

The Dragon Knits Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon, Karjat Resorts