Friday, May 13, 2005

Jackpot!

In so many ways, too!
I just haven't had any time to post though.

First, we'll take you back in time a bit...to last Saturday.
I promise to get some pictures up from the Knittyboard yarn swap box! In the meantime Lisa has many nice pictures on her blog you can check out. I did swap for some lovely overdyed green cotton/wool yarn. Enough to make a seed stitch jacket for my sisters baby. Plus a skein of Lamb's Pride that is going to become Billy Bear from a Debbie Bliss pattern. It is so so soft! I think the bear will be so lovely!

After the swap we stopped at the dump. My dump has this great thing called a free shed. It's the easy way to dumpster dive folks, I assure you. We check it out everytime we're there because you just never know what your going to find. Like this time! A huge bright pink and purple knitted blanket! Wonderful acrylic, squeaky goodness. I need to get a good picture so you all can appreciate the color...the first thing I thought was WOMB!

And today will be the S.E.X. day to end all S.E.X. days! Hopefully Lisa will be able to accompany me to Yarn's Etc (~~~send in your grades all you silly non-sending-in-grades people~~~) where I will spend a good bit of money on yarn. Yesterday I completed the highest paying study I've participated in so far! 8 days eating only what they give me, two days collecting my own freaking pee in bottles, and 2 overnight stays in the hospital topped off with 2 mornings of an IV in my arm. This yarn is well earned, that's for sure. I've got my mental list in my head (Mom's clapotis, SP yarn, Jayne hat, Manos) and I'm just itching for a big big yarn forray! I do promise pictures!

The other half of the payoff went to buy our passes for DragonCon. My first time, and I am so excited! That's what the
Jayne
hat is being made for....my personal cabana boy is going to do a Jayne costume (pretty easy too), I'm going to be Kaylee. And if anyone has a paper rainbow umbrella or knows where to find one, please let me know!

2 comments:

Rachel on 5:51 AM said...

Ooh, a Firefly fan! Are you as enthusiastic about "Serenity" as I am?

I can't BELIEVE that show got cancelled. I'm hoping maybe the movie will motivate some network to give the show another change.

amylovie on 6:06 AM said...

OOh, a SEX expedition. Can I come please!!

I check out the pictures from the convention. Some are neat, but some are, ummm, interesting. I can't wait to see yours.

Have a great weekend,
Amy

 

The Dragon Knits Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon, Karjat Resorts