Monday, May 02, 2005

Friends, knitting, and cabana boys

A great weekend! Saturday was knitting with Lisa (urbanpagan). We knitted all over the place. First we checked out the bead store in the Carr Mill mall. Then over to Yarn's Etc. We sat and knitted there for a few minutes. Then over to Tyler's for our own little Stitch and Bitch. No one else showed up by the time we finished a plate of Tyler's fabu homemade potatoe chips, so we headed off to pick up some bacardi and coke, and went back to my place to sip drinks and knit, and watch a few movies too.

We even had our very own Cabana boy!


Lisa met the turtles too, and you can see a bit more of that on her blog.

Then Sunday was a non-knitting day. We mulched two more of our fruit trees (we have 11), put some slate in the herb garden to keep the dripping from the roof from eroding all my herbs. Then after a trip in town we planted a few more plants and walked all over our property weeding. What a happy feeling I had yesterday sitting on the porch, tired and happy after a great day working in the yard.

For Zib: You can keep turtles inside too, they just take much more work. I'd be happy to give you more information if you're interested.



Now for something fun
I don't usually post these thingies (although I do almost all I see). I found this one on Wendy Knits and I like the results! Yup. 23. My exact age! *wink*





You Are 23 Years Old



23





Under 12: You are a kid at heart. You still have an optimistic life view - and you look at the world with awe.

13-19: You are a teenager at heart. You question authority and are still trying to find your place in this world.

20-29: You are a twentysomething at heart. You feel excited about what's to come... love, work, and new experiences.

30-39: You are a thirtysomething at heart. You've had a taste of success and true love, but you want more!

40+: You are a mature adult. You've been through most of the ups and downs of life already. Now you get to sit back and relax.


3 comments:

amylovie on 6:59 AM said...

Sound like a wonderful weekend. Love the cabana boy (hubba hubba!)

Amy

Rachel on 6:14 AM said...

Hmmm, apparently I act 27 years old. I am somewhat disappointed because I AM 27 years old. I haven't retained the zest of youth, yet I can't claim to be mature beyond my years, either. I'm profoundly average.

Love the cabana boy, by they way! I suggested to my very own CB that perhaps he'd like to appear on my blog in such a way, and the look he gave me put THAT idea quickly to rest. I'll just have to enjoy everyone elses'!

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind my commenting here regarding your comment on my blog. I couldn't find your email addy on your page.
You asked about the squirrel toy that miss Panda was playing with. Here's a link to a bunch of pages where you can view and buy it
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=%22Chuckit!%22+flying+squirrel+dog+toy&num=50&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&c2coff=1&client=safari&rls=en&sa=N&tab=ff&oi=froogler
Let me know if it didn't come through.
She hasn't yet destroyed the squirrel and it gets a lot of use, but we don't leave it around the house when we aren't actively using it so she doesn't sit around tearing it apart like she does with her other toys.
That's my 2¢.
I will say that it's irrisitable to most dogs, but it's a challenge to learn to throw it well. Just put a lot of spin on it and you are good to go.
Take care,
~marnie

 

The Dragon Knits Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon, Karjat Resorts