Monday, April 18, 2005

100 things 'bout me! *work in progress*

1. I was born and raised in the same small town in PA, and never left PA until I moved to NC 5 years ago. We plan to move back to PA as soon as we can.

2. I have a BS in psychology but never went back to get a PhD, and now I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I grow up.

3. My sister is due with her first baby in August, which is odd because I always thought I'd be first. My SIL is due with her second in September.

4. I was raised a catholic, but am now an atheist, but I'm usually to afraid to say it because I live in the biblebelt.

5. Other than our house mortgage we have absolutely no debt, and have no credit cards at all.

6. I have 2 German Shepherds, and I think every dog I see that is black and tan is a German Shepherd. When we visited Germany I just called them Shepherds.

7. I graduated from Penn State, so did my husband, my sister, her husband, my BIL, and my SIL. My mom and dad worked there, as well as 3 of my dad's 4 brothers, and my grandfather. Roar Lions Roar!

8. I wish I was more girly, that I dressed up more often and wore jewerly, but I never do.

9. I'm a clinical research coordinator, which means I get to work with patients in medicial research.

10. I have 4 tattoos; a butterfly on my shoulder, a turtle on my thigh, the chinese symbol for turtle on my back, and my wedding band.

11. I listen to pretty much any music except rap and the real twangy country.

12. But I did download Snoop Dog's "Drop it like it's Hot" (or something like that) because it made me smile.

13. I'm doing a medical exeperiment now where I can only eat the food I'm given. It's going to pay $400 and I'm going to buy a lot of yarn with that.

14. I eat fast food way more often than I should. I tell myself that I should cut back, but I have very weak willpower.

15. I smoke, and have smoked since I was 16. It's a nasty habit, I know this, but I've not been successful in quitting. See, weak willpower.

16. I was a cheerleader in highschool and part of college. I wish I still could be.

17. I also twirled baton in marching band in high school.

18. I've been married for almost 6 years (Aug 14).

19. My husband and I keep turtles in our back yard. They mate and breed and we sell or give away the babies.

20. I should be working now.

21. I'm awful with finances, but somehow I'm the one in charge of our checking account.

22. I love pens and pencils, and paper and folders. If I could run an office, I'd spend all my money buying office supplies.

23. I have my motorcycle license. We used to own a Harley Davidson, but we sold it so we could save money to send me back to school.

24. I am terribly absent-minded.

25. I love football. Penn State football, and NFL. The Buccaneers are my #1 team, I also like the Texans and the Steelers.

26. I love to garden. I have a huge vegetable garden, herbs, and even some flowers. My gardening philosophy is very darwinistic, "If it can't live with minimal attention, it's just not a very strong plant."

27. I have an evil cat that plots my death, and the death of all living creatures in her house.

28. I started knitting in winter 2000, but didn't do much for the first few years. It took me until 2002 to finish my first sweater.

29. I am a pack rat.

30. I always smile around others, even when I'm in a bad mood.

31. My husband and I have just learned to can, so the a lot of our big veggie garden is put up so we can eat it over the winter.

32. Our dream is to move to the country and build a big hobby farm with goats, chickens, sheep, rabbits, horses and of course alpacas.

33. I've only ridden a horse once (not counting the pony rides at fairs) but I love horses and want my own some day.

34. I love goat cheese.

35. I love to bake. Breads especially. I'm awful at regular cooking though.

36. A lot of my food preferences are based on texture as much as on taste. Applesauce makes me gag and I hate green peas.

37. I talk to my mom at least twice a week. My family is very important to me, and it's hard to be so far away from them.

38. My husband and I once were so obsessed with playing Diablo II online that we ate potato chips and mayo for dinner.

39. I love good beer. I'd rather have a well brewed beer than a well aged wine.

40. I love to dance. And I usually dance in my den if the mood strikes me. I love music that you can dance to.

41. I suck at house cleaning.

42. I need to buy new black sandles...and maybe some colorful ones too (See #8).

43. I love summer. I love sandles and sundresses.

44. I am always hungry.

45. I color my hair on a pretty regular basis. I've done that since I was in high school.

46. I love cold bedrooms and warm comforters.

6 comments:

amylovie on 7:04 PM said...

Hi Alesia,

I enjoyed reading your 100 things. The Diablo II fact made me laugh out loud. My brother and I are obsessed with it too, but we just play with each other.

I'm in the X-back too. Do great minds think alike or what? I'm waiting on my ribbon yarn, which should be here Friday.

Amy

amylovie on 7:06 PM said...

Hi Alesia,

I enjoyed reading your 100 things. The Diablo II fact made me laugh out loud. My brother and I are obsessed with it too, but we just play with each other.

I'm in the X-back too. Do great minds think alike or what? I'm waiting on my ribbon yarn, which should be here Friday.

Amy

thomasina on 7:28 PM said...

The question I want answered: when did you decide you aspired towards being a dragon? I was obsessed with either having / being one in high school, and in retrospect I'm surprised my DM didn't just ZOT me for being annoying (and I finally got a dragon in the end, though sadly not to be one). Also, I'd love to see pictures of some of your turtles in your blog! (I finally got pictures of my fire skink, he really has the whole burrowing thing down).

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://vzrbwkhj.com/sxoy/dvpv.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ioioerdz.com/clmy/hybf.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://vzrbwkhj.com/sxoy/dvpv.html | http://pwovheos.com/thol/yynf.html

 

The Dragon Knits Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon, Karjat Resorts