Friday, April 22, 2005

I impressed my mother

My parents are in for the weekend visiting from PA. They just got here yesterday. So of course as soon as I got home I went through the progress of showing my mom all my knitting projects. The unfinished CheesyLove, the one Cut Your Teeth sock, my finished Honeymoon Cami, and the Xback tank. I almost cried when my mom told me how nice all my knitting was, and how much I have improved. She said "You must have inherited this talent from my mother". Shit, I'm getting a little teary thinking about it now. Even my dad was impressed. I felt 10 feet tall! I never really met my grandmother, she died when I was 1 or 2 years old. It's a wonderful connection to her, the knitting.

I'm still plugging along on the Xback. I'm almost to the end of my first ball of ribbon, and I've got about 6 inches I think. I'm hoping to finish it before my class ends so I can show it off to the girls in my class, who've been watching me knit it before class starts.

1 comments:

amylovie on 7:34 AM said...

Somewhere deep down in our inner psyche, we all want our parents to be proud of us. I know I do. I have had the same experience when showing my mother my knitting.

I should be getting my Deco Ribbon today. Can't wait to get started!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your parents.

Amy

 

The Dragon Knits Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon, Karjat Resorts