Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Did you knit that? Did you knit that?

Picture the Verizon wireless guy.
Yah, that's me and my knitting obsession. I am not content to keep it to myself, I must discover if the lovely cabled cardigan was handmade, or if the stripey socks were a gift from a friend or a department store. I'm relentless.

I knit prominently in public so as to draw the attention of everyone in the hopes another fellow knitter might approach me! The aluminum needles work well as they click nicely.

And I will cross the street if I spot an obviously felted knit bag. And I will start up a knitting conversation with the helpless young girl carrying said bag. And I will ignore the frightened look in her eye as I ask in quick-fire succession "Did you knit that bag?" "How long have you knit?" "Do you go to SnB" "Have you heard of Knitty.com?" And I will ignore the sigh of relief said young girl emits when I turn down the path away from her. Yah folks. I'm determined and I have no fear or social graces!

Beware closet knitters...I will find you and out you...I will strike up my annoying "do you knit" conversation based soley on a scrap of yarn I may or may not have seen hanging out of your backpack!

Oh, and the Xback is coming along slowly. I have a friend with a birthday coming up, so I need to work on a gift for her for a bit. Ah, new yarn!

3 comments:

Elisabeth Lincoln on 11:58 AM said...

Leapin' lizards! I can't wait to get outside and start knitting
again! Indoor knitting is fine, but I like blue sky over my
head, you know? If your knitting fingers are itchin' like mine I've got just the thing... great Deals on Fluorescent Yarn, sure to attract everyone's attention! How about some eye popping knit biker shorts patterns ala 1987? I've got Accessories too. Needles with flashing LED ends, my patended Knitters Lasso for reeling in those unsuspecting closet knitters, Star Wars Stitch Markers and more! Take aim
at my latest E-Mail Specials for dozens of dead-eye Deals!

amylovie on 5:38 AM said...

I'm the same way, much to my husbands chagrin! I embarrass him all the time by talking to complete strangers about knitting.

Have a great weekend,
Amy

General Ginger on 2:25 PM said...

LOL You sound just like me. Sometimes their wide eyed terror just cracks me up.

 

The Dragon Knits Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon, Karjat Resorts